Thursday, October 19, 2006

Angel in Disguise


Random acts of kindness are rare events that happen. For example, a few weeks ago I was at the pharmacy getting some prescriptions filled, and out of nowhere a lady walked up to me and handed me twenty dollars. I told her that I couldn't take the money. She told me that the Lord had laid it on her heart to give me the money, and in her heart she believed that it was the right thing to do. I thanked her for the money. When I got to the counter to pay for my prescriptions, I didn’t have enough money in my pocketbook to pay for it, so the twenty dollars that the lady had given me came in handy. I went outside to find her so I could thank her again. I couldn’t find her. I asked the man sitting on the bench if had saw her. He looked at me funny and said that no one had walked in or out since I had walked. I will never forget the kindness that the lady showed me that day.

Jessica Floyd

No comments: