Monday, February 13, 2012

My Valentine's Day Anniversary




I once thought that getting married on Valentine's Day was completely and totally cliche; until I met my husband.  When you find that perfect person that is the love of your life, then Valentine's Day is the most wonderful day to get married.  My husband and I were friends before we even thought about a relationship.  We knew everything about each other, had mostly everything in common, prayed about finding the person the Lord wanted us to be with and were always there for each other to talk about anything and everything.  We wanted to spend each and every moment we could together and still do.  We are celebrating our 9 year anniversary tomorrow and we have never had a spat.  We have never raised our voices to one another, ever.  We still hold hands while sitting on the sofa watching the television, or walking in the park, or shopping in the grocery store.  I suppose you could say we are kind of sappy in that regard.  We actually like being sappy and  hope to be for years to come.  Picture the elderly couple walking hand-in-hand slowly along the sidewalk and that will definitely be us in a few decades.  I can honestly say that I prayed for many, many years to find the right man and in the Lord's perfect timing, we met.  We were married on Valentine's Day in 2003 and were baptized together two days later.  What a fitting beginning to a marriage; a Christ-centered marriage.

No comments: