Monday, July 23, 2007








I had a very lengthy surgery (3 hours) and they had a lot of work to do. The bowel had become looped around the thin fat layer in the abdomen and was basically herniated. There were a lot of adhesions that they were able to remove and they were able to do the surgery through a scope, rather than open me up.

They did find some white spots in the abdominal region that they took a biopsy of (they called in a gynecologist and they appear to be endometriosis), we will have the results of the biopsy early in the week on the 24th at least.

I had to stay in the hospital longer than I expected due to my bladder not wanting to function correctly (there is urine retention and a lot of pain). I had to come home with a catheter and will have a fill and void test on the 26th to hopefully find out what is going on. This is the initial diagnostic test, if it isn't conclusive, I will have to undergo more tests to determine what is wrong.

I still have quite a bit of pain from the surgery, but my worst problem right now, is the bladder. I hope everything will be back to normal very soon. The Lord is faithful and true and has brought me through a lot. There is nothing that He cannot do and I have faith that everything will be fine. We go through periods of difficulty in our lives and although they are sometimes challenging, they make us stronger. I could spend hours telling you how the Lord has blessed us, watched over us, healed us and strengthened us.

I will give you updates as I am able (it is very difficult to sit down to post even this much) and hopefully within three weeks or so, I will be able to resume posting the site in its entirety.

God bless you and yours,

Sherri

No comments: