Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sherri's Poetry

This is a poem I was inspired to write, because of the wonderful relationship my husband and I have. A Christ-centered marriage makes all the difference. We have never even had an argument since we have been married. It is amazing what the Lord can do in a relationship.


A LOVER’S STROLL

The afternoon tide kisses gently the golden sand;
My true love and I walk slowly, hand-in-hand.
We search in front of us for treasures to find;
Mischievous waves erase the footprints that we left behind.

The sun shines brightly, a flaming ball of light;
It now makes its way westward, preparing for night.
The fiery sun sinks low, disappearing from our view,
While the pale blue sky turns a pink and orange hue.

In the distance a lighthouse awakens for the night;
It stands as a beacon for a distressed ship’s plight.
There is a full moon of gold, a harvest moon above;
That is the end to a perfect day with the one I love.

No comments: