This is a great alternative to the traditional lasagne with marinara sauce. The spinach and ham combined with half & half and the cheeses make for a delicious entree. Serve with crusty bread and a nice green salad.
Spinach and Ham Lasagne
6 lasagna noodles (4 ounces)
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach
2 cups half & half
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham (1/2 pound)
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
1. Cook lasagna noodles in lightly salted boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
3. For sauce, in a medium saucepan combine half & half, cornstarch, and onion. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
4. Spread 2 tablespoons of the sauce evenly on the bottom of a 2 quart rectangular baking dish. Stir ham and Italian seasoning into remaining sauce.
5. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles in the dish. Spread with one-third of the sauce. Layer spinach on top. Layer another one-third of the sauce, the ricotta cheese, and half of the mozzarella. Place remaining noodles on top. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella.
6. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 main-dish servings.