These are some of my husband's favorite cookies - double the chocolate with heath candy and walnuts. Of course, my daughter loves these as well - minus the walnuts. These are great cookies that are rich, buttery and delicious.
Double Chocolate Toffee Walnut Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (4 oz.) Heath Bites candy, halved
1/2 cup (4 oz.) chocolate chunks
1/2 cup (2 oz.) walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F and arrange racks in upper and lower thirds. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and extract, beating until combined well.
4. Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Fold in Heath Bites, chocolate chunks, and walnuts.
5. Using a 1-1/2-inch ice-cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared sheets.
6. Bake, switching cookie sheets halfway through, until set, about 12 minutes. Do not overbake.
7. Transfer cookies on sheets to racks and cool 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks and cool completely. (Can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container, in single layers separated by waxed paper, up to 2 weeks.) Makes 24 cookies.