Sunday, May 20, 2007
Crazy State Laws
• According to Ohio law, it's against the law to kill a housefly within 160 feet of a church without a license.
• Bay Village: It is illegal to walk a cow down Lake Road.
• Bexley: The installation and usage of slot machines in outhouses is prohibited.
• Breast feeding is not allowed in public.
• Cars are not allowed to scare horses in Centerville, Ohio.
• Cleveland law forbids you to operate a motor vehicle while sitting in another person's lap.
• Clinton County: Any person who leans against a public building will be subject to fines.
• In Chillicothe, Ohio it is illegal to throw rice at weddings.
• Fairview Park: It's against the law to honk your horn "excessively". A grandmother was fined for honking her horn twice at her neighbor. • Funeral jargon seems to have crept into the wording of a cemetery fee regulation in Norton, Ohio. There regular plots are $33, but "creamies" are $75.
• In Columbus, Ohio it is illegal to sell cornflakes on Sunday.
• In Marysville, Ohio it is illegal for a dog to urinate on a parking meter.
• In the hippy-dippy late '60s, Youngstown, Ohio, briefly had a law making it illegal to walk barefoot through town.
• In Ohio, if you ignore an orator on Decoration day to such an extent as to publicly play croquet or pitch horseshoes within one mile of the speaker's stand, you can be fined $25.00.
• In Oxford, Ohio, it is unlawful for a woman to appear in public while unshaven. This includes legs and face.
• In Xenia, Ohio, it's illegal to spit in a salad bar
• Ironton: Cross-dressing is against the law.
• It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.
• It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.
• It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
• It is illegal to mistreat anything of great importance.
• Items left on a tree lawn become city property. A young man was fined for removing an item from a tree lawn even though he had the owner's permission.
• It's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
• Lima: Any map that does not have Lima clearly stated on the map cannot be sold.
• Lowell: It is unlawful to run a horse over five miles per hour.
• McDonald: Your goose may not paraded down Main Street.
• No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July.
• North Canton: It is against the law to roller skate without notifying the police.
• Owners of tigers must notify authorities within one hour if the tiger escapes.
• Participating or conducting a duel is prohibited.
• Paulding: A policeman may bite a dog to quiet him.
• The Ohio driver's education manual states that you must honk the horn whenever you pass another car.
• Toledo: Throwing a snake at anyone is illegal.
• Women aren't allowed to wear patent-leather shoes in Cleveland, Ohio, a man might see the reflection of something "he oughtn't!"
• You cannot eat a doughnut and walk backwards on a city street.
• Youngstown: Riding on the roof of a taxi cab is not allowed. You may not run out of gas.
Posted by february sherri