Thursday, May 24, 2007
Crazy State Laws
• In South Dakota it is illegal to try to convince a pacifist to renounce his beliefs by threatening to arm-wrestle him.
• It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.
• Movies that show police officers being struck, beaten, or treated in an offensive manner are forbidden.
• No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants.
• Driving is not to be done while asleep.
• Fayette County: You may not have more than five inoperable vehicles on a piece of property.
• In Jonesboro, Tenn., a slingshot used to be classified by law as a deadly weapon.
• In Tennessee hollow logs may not be sold.
• It is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.
• It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
• It is legal to gather and consume road kill.
• It's illegal for frogs to croak after 11 PM.
• Knoxville: In front of their buildings, all businesses must have a "hitching post."
• Lenoir City: When you pull up to a stop sign you must fire a gun out the window to warn horse carriages that you are coming.
• Lexington: No one may eat ice cream on the sidewalk. Spitting on the sidewalk is prohibited.
• Memphis: Illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians. It's illegal for frogs to croak after 11 PM. Panhandlers must first obtain a $10 permit before begging on the streets of downtown Memphis. It is illegal to give any pie to fellow diners. It is also illegal to take unfinished pie home. All pie must be eaten on the premises.
• More than 8 women may not live in the same house because that would constitute a brothel.
• Stealing a horse is punishable by hanging.
• You can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.
• Oneida: An ordinance forbids anyone to sing the song "It Ain't Goin' To Rain No Mo'."
Posted by february sherri